Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tomorrow is the Big Day - Cast Off!!!

I go in tomorrow to have my cast removed!  I will be able to walk again!  It has been a long 8 weeks, but I am really excited to get my cast off for good.

I am almost afraid of what my poor right leg is going to look like.  It is definitely hairy, I have been picking away dead skin so I am sure it will badly need moisturized, and the muscle is pretty much gone.  I will have to take a picture to compare my legs.

I have been testing out my leg in the cast.  Today I stood on the cast without my crutches.  I have also been semi walking with the crutches just to try and remember how.  This is going to be exciting.

My appointment is early in the morning, so we get to spend the day at the beach after.  I am really excited for that.


5 comments:

  1. That's so exciting! I get the all-clear to start walking literally 24 hours after you- early Friday morning (and then I get to walk into my GRE test).

    I can put about 30% of my weight on my foot before it sends out any alarms, around 40% before there's any pain. It's really nice.

    Are you going to be put in a walking boot for a few weeks while you get walking again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Congrats and good luck! I'm four days away from getting the cast off. Have you had any toe numbness or spasms in your foot? Hope tomorrow goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I online have to have my leg in a cast for 4 weeks before a walking boot and the start of weight bearing and I am going stir crazy...I give you sooo much credit! Reading your Blog has kept me sane knowing that I will survive...before I go crazy with lack of exiting the same room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck tomorrow! Before you know it you will be walking miles at UMO !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! No walking boot! I just get to walk :)

    ReplyDelete