Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Few Tips Prior to Surgery

My Surgery was on Monday June 21st. Here are some pre-surgery tips I can give that made my experience a little easier...

1- Make a list of things you want to do before surgery, remember you won't be able to walk on two legs for about 8 weeks.

2- Lay out clothes to wear for at least one week after surgery.
- This has been very helpful. My husband has had to do EVERYTHING for me. So I appreciate anything I can do by myself. Getting dressed is one of them. On my dresser I have a stack of comfortable clothes, including underwear. This way I can pick out what I want to wear and get dressed by myself.

3- Get your room (or wherever you plan on being for the majority of the time) ready and stocked.
- For me this was our bedroom. We only have one bathroom and it is upstairs (16 stairs to be exact). So I made our bedroom my hangout spot. I stocked up on plenty of library books, which are all in a giant llbean bag next to my bed. I also plugged the phone charger and macbook charger right next to the bed. I brought up the DVD player and got a TV for the bedroom. I also have all of my medicine, vitamins, and most importantly PAIN PILLS! on my bedstand.

4- Join Netflix and Pick out some good books!
- We were already Netflix members, but movies do kill a lot of time. I also made a list of books I have been waiting to read and got them from the library.

5- The day before your surgery RELAX!
- I was a little anxious right before my surgery. So we spent the day at the beach and it was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment