Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Back at Work!

Today is my second day back at work.  I am doing pretty well I think.  After 6 weeks of doing nothing, I was a little worried.  Luckily it is still the summer time so there aren't many students on campus to assist.  But there is plenty of desk work.  I have my chair at the highest setting and have my leg either propped up on my desk or next to me on a chair.  This weird position though is making my lower back hurt, so I don't know how long I can sit like this.  I might just have to give in and let my foot dangle a bit.  I am getting around fine at work.  I use a bag to carry anything I need.  Tomorrow I might venture over to the building next door for lunch.  It will probably be the furthest distance I have traveled on crutches.  I wonder if I will make it :).

After work yesterday I could tell everything was really swollen.  So I elevated my leg for the rest of the evening.  There wasn't any pain though, just swelling.  I only have a little over a week until I have my cast removed and I am able to walk again!  Its a little scary thinking they just take the cast off and tell me to walk.  I am very curious as to how I will do.

Coming down the home stretch!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome to hear. Maybe you could put a pillow on a stool or box under the desk for your foot? I'm not sure if that would work but it would be worth trying, maybe.

    I'll be starting walking next weekend, hopefully. I've been wondering how successful I will be at this, and I've already been out of the cast awhile. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck walking, I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete